As promised from this post, I'm giving you an update on the projects I have completed from my never-ending Home Improvement To-Do list.
The toy chest has been primed and painted! Perfecto! New silver hinges were also added to complete the project. Here's the final result. And as I had mentioned, it is residing in the front living room - for now :)
The antique coffee table was stripped, sanded, stained, sanded again, and stained once more. Done, done, done. I can't take credit thou, because this project was actually done by my wonderful husband, and I think he did a great job. The table looks beautiful and the color is very rich. Nice job love!
I didn't mention the next couple projects before, but nonetheless, they are now checked off the list as well.
So, I'm seriously on a painting binge right now. Everything in our house better watch out, because it may be next on the painting agenda. I just finished up painting the cabinets in our hall bathroom. It may just be me, but I think the white cabinets really open up the small room and makes it feel just a bit more spacious. Plus, I think it helps the other colors really pop. *Sorry there's no picture!* Now, if Matt would just give me permission to replace the flooring, then this room would be completely finished, besides a few more wall decorations.
And, no making fun of me for this next project, because regardless of how it came about, I think it will turn out really neat. It seriously started with me walking into our backyard and gathering up fallen sticks from our huge tree. I haven't had a chance to spray paint the sticks white yet, so they remain ah-natur-al until then. I had seen this in some magazines and thought, what the heck, this is so simple and so inexpensive. It may end up being just a holiday decoration, but who knows, it may end up 'sticking' around for every season. Har har.
Has anyone else been working on house projects lately? I've definitely got some more I can't wait to tackle!
HAPPY FRIDAY!
FAQs About Our New Floors
1 week ago

Cute stuff!! Love the stick idea... Might have to copy that one :)
ReplyDelete